Friday, November 28, 2008

MEMORIES.....

It has been almost 12 years since my sister Adrienne passed away, I just wanted to write some of my favorite things about her~
She was always outgoing and upbeat about everything, there was not much that could get her down! She was always caring and took care of everyone in her family- She had something about her that made you always feel comfortable. She had a way of making everyone feel included and wanted- Some of my favorite memories of her come from the two of us laying in bed talking for hours every night! She tried many different hair styles out on me, including frosting my hair in her room... it turned out to be a bright orange color!! I will always remember how proud I was to be her sister. I loved having her as a cheerleader in my first varsity basketball game..it is something I will never forget! We had some great battles playing HORSE on the basketball court- They did not always end pretty if she happened to beat me! I would not change one thing about growing up with her as my sister, I only wish I could have had more time with her. She was beautiful on the outside and even more so on the inside. Anyone who knew her would tell you that there was just something "special" about her. I will never forget the day she left our lives and I am truly grateful that I was so blessed to have her as my sister and my friend.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

You made me cry!! I love and miss her too.

Amy said...

Hil-I remember "AD" because she was your big sis and Aaron's friend. I always thought she was so neat because she was a cheerleader and so pretty and popular. It was a real shock when she passed away.

Sandra said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I still can't believe she was taken at such a young age. I have fond memories of playing w/ the both of you at your house and at mine. I can only imagine how much you miss her. She was an example to all.

Rebecca said...

Hill - this was such a sweet post. I remember the day I found out she passed away and how shocked I was, it was so, so sad. When I was your friend and we hung out I always thought your older sisters were so cool and fun. Adrienne was beautiful on the outside and inside too, just like you said. I thought her and Tim were such a hot, sexy couple. She always made me wish I could be like her one day. She also made me want to go down to college at Cedar just like her (this was after we visited her when she was at cheer try outs that one year.) I can't believe how much her son Nathan looks just like her! I'm glad you guys have such wonderful memories of her!

Katie said...

Hillarie - what a tear jerker. Sisters are the best, everyone should get at least one, and you got lots! After all these years, its still hard to believe.
Katie

Lesa said...

I always hoped she would marry one of my brothers, I know she dated 2 of them and you dated the third.She was beautiful and her and Tim were a perfect match. Your family is soo special and has been through a lot with losing her when she was soo young and at such an exciting time in her life. Les~